NOTE: The Responsible Buybacks app is also invite-only. To apply for an invite, please visit our website.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
The Responsible Buybacks app brings true circularity capabilities to any brand by letting customers return items for store credit.
Installing the app allows a brand to “buyback” previous purchases (Responsible handles this) in exchange for store credit for new item purchases. Customers keep their closets fresh, products stay out of landfills, and brands participate in the resale economy, all with no out-of-pocket cost. Responsible handles all the logistics, and refurbishment in a white-label experience so the brand remains the focus. Items are resold by Responsible in our premium store and profits (minus refurbishment costs) are shared with the brand.
How it works
- Install the app and add the Buyback snippets/blocks into your store. These will show customers which items are eligible for Buyback and for how much. It also provides the links where customers initiate a Buyback.
- Select which items are Buyback eligible from the app's admin console.
- Enter the amount of store credit you'll offer for each item.
- Your customers initiate Buybacks on their past purchase from your site and are redirected to a white-labeled portal where they complete the Buyback including printing shipping labels, etc.
- Their mailed items arrive at our facilities where they’re evaluated, refurbished, repaired, and photographed.
- The customer receives store credit in the form of a discount code redeemable at checkout only on your store.
- Refurbished items are listed for sale on our premium resale store. You earn a share of the sales, minus shipping and refurbishment costs.
Select eligible products
Customers choose only from eligible items
Customers track their Buybacks
Redeem store credit
Integrated into customer account page